Coin Collecting And Its Rise In Popularity
There’s no denying that coin-collecting has come back stronger than ever, but why now? Why have the people of Azusa, Baldwin Park, and Glendora found a sudden interest in this hobby that’s been around for countless generations? That’s actually part of the answer.
- Coins hold timeless historical value Coin collecting allows individuals to delve into history and learn about different cultures, events, and iconic figures through the study of coins. This aspect appeals to those seeking a deeper understanding of the past.
- Some coins have artistic appeal Coins often feature intricate designs, intricate engravings, and beautiful compositions. Many collectors are drawn to the artistic aspects of coins and appreciate the craftsmanship involved in their production.
- Collector coins have investment potential Coin collecting can be a profitable investment strategy. Rare and valuable coins can increase in value over time, providing collectors with the opportunity to gain significant returns on their investments.
- There’s some educational value to be had Coin collecting offers a unique educational experience by encouraging research and discovery. Collectors can also learn about the grading and minting processes as well as the various factors that contribute to a coin’s value.
Which Coins Are In High Demand?
If you want to try your hand at coin collecting, you might be wondering where you should start. There are countless types of coins from various regions and eras, it can be overwhelming trying to find a place to start. However, you can’t go wrong with these attainable coins that are in high demand.
American Silver Eagles
The American Silver Eagle coin which is produced by the United States Mint is highly sought after by collectors due to its purity, iconic design, and status as legal tender. These coins feature the “Walking Liberty” design on the obverse and a heraldic eagle on the reverse. Silver Eagles are produced every year which makes them easy to find and get started on a collection. The best part about these coins is that they’re primarily designed for investment purposes so you can easily get your money back (and sometimes more) at any given time.
Morgan Silver Dollars
Morgan Silver Dollars which have been minted from 1878 to 1904 (and again in 1921) are considered classic American coins. They hold historical significance and are admired for their intricate designs and high silver content. Although they are no longer in production, it’s fairly easy to find these coins compared to other types of coins that are deemed to be incredibly rare. With values ranging from $10-$10,000, you will most likely come across an average value of $100 for a single coin. Some people even buy and sell Morgan Silver Dollars at a local pawn shop.
Gold Bullion Coins
Gold bullion coins, such as the American Gold Eagle and the Canadian Gold Maple Leaf, are in high demand among collectors and investors. These coins offer a combination of aesthetic appeal and intrinsic value due to their gold content.
Collecting ancient coins allows enthusiasts to own a valuable piece of history. Coins from ancient civilizations like Greece, Rome, and Egypt are highly sought after for their historical significance and rarity. Plus, they offer a unique appeal compared to American-made coins.
Why Pawn Shops Are A Viable Source For Buying Coins
While some collectors may pay a premium to get the coin they want online, acquiring a coin on your list feels much more rewarding when you find it at a pawn shop for a fair price. But that’s only one of the many benefits of shopping for collectible coins at your local reputable pawn shop:
- There’s a diverse selection to choose from. Pawn shops often have a diverse inventory of coins, including rare and collectible pieces. They acquire coins through various means, including customer transactions, estate sales, and auctions, creating a dynamic and ever-changing selection.
- Coins are guaranteed to be authentic. Reputable pawn shops employ knowledgeable staff with expertise in numismatics. They can authenticate and evaluate coins, ensuring that you’re purchasing genuine items. Their expertise and guidance can be invaluable, especially for novice collectors.
- Competitive pricing means lower prices. Pawn shops typically offer competitive pricing for collector coins. They aim to provide fair value for both buyers and sellers, making them an attractive option for collectors seeking to expand their collections.
- The convenience of walking into your local store. Pawn shops are conveniently located within the community, making them easily accessible for residents of Azusa, Baldwin Park, and Glendora. You can explore their coin collections and make purchases in person, fostering a personalized and engaging experience.
Where To Buy Collectible Coins Near You
Whether you’re a seasoned coin collector or are looking to start a new collection from scratch, Azusa Mega Pawn keeps a rotating selection of collectible coins in stock just for you! Call the friendly and knowledgeable staff at (626) 334-2274 to ask about what coins are currently in stock before stopping by.